Cancel or Update Your Change of Address
Even if the date has arrived that you requested your mail to be forwarded, you can go online and cancel your change of address. Simply go to the Change of Address link first.
- On the Change of Address page, just below the “Click here to begin” button is an option to click on the link, “Need to view, update or cancel a Change of Address order you already submitted?”
- On this page, there are blanks to fill in you new ZIP Code and your confirmation number. The confirmation number is the 16-digit code printed on the confirmation letter sent to your new address. If you submitted your Change of Address order online, the confirmation code is in the confirmation email that you received.
- You can make the following changes/updates:
- Change your mail forwarding start date
- Change your mail forwarding end date
- Change your email address or phone number
- Switch from a temporary move to a permanent one
- Switch from a family move to and individual one (though not from individual to family)
- Cancel your Change of Address order altogether
By Phone or In Person
If you have questions, you can call the postal service at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). You can also go to your local post office and fill out the requisite forms.